I Want To Listen To A Story

Do you remember radio plays? I was a child at the tail-end of that wonderful form of entertainment. I used to love listening to radio plays on my mama's favorite station. It was like being read to, but watching a movie at the same time. At least that is how I described it, then. The truth was that it got my imagination running and I could get lost in the story just. Like. That.

It took a while before I gave in and  tried Audible books. I have always been a reader and something seemed, well, lazy about it. I am not a child, anymore. I can read for myself, thank you very much. That is why when an old friend of mine suggested that I should try listening to books on audio while I was busy with housework or driving, I smiled slightly and changed the subject.

Three years later, I finally tried it. I started yesterday and I have listened to two lectures on writing creative fiction and half of a novel. I want to point out that I have been busy while listening to the novel. The lectures? I take notes and then do the assignments that he suggests. I've been listening for two days and I am in love with Audible.

Honestly, I am a little frustrated at the thought that I won't have time to listen tomorrow. TWO, count'em TWO family Thanksgivings to attend. How dare my precious family time take up my audio book time? 

No, really. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. Honest. I can listen on Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment